Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Should I raise my price?

I hate Microsoft. As if they don't already have all the money in the world, they call me several times a week, trying to sell me things I don't want. There's no way to block them because the people who call are in India, beyond the ability of a US phone company to fend off. And I've tried everything.

This morning's call came at 8:30 AM- a bad time for me because I go to bed at 1 or 2 AM and do not take kindly to be awakened by yet another phishing sales pitch from Microsoft.

"I hate Microsoft," I told the eager young Indian man. "As I tell each person who bothers me, I will never buy anything from your company. Never. Ever."

Without missing a beat, he persisted, "So what do you want from us?"

"What I want," I retorted, "is for you to leave me alone and not hassle me."

"That will cost you $200," he said.

"And it will cost you $2000 to suck my cock," I told him, ignoring his horrified gasp. "So if you send me $2000, I'll pay you $200 and we'll all be happy."

Then I hung up.

I wonder if this will work? If not, should I raise my price?

Please advise. And please feel free to try this approach.


No comments:

Post a Comment